The victory of the underdog. The last minute penalty shot that wins the tournament. The training montage. Many people love to glorify victory on the field, cheer for teams, and play sports. But should we be obsessed with sports? Are sports as good for us as we make them out to be, or are they just a fun and entertaining pastime?
Watch a video about playing sports and choose the correct answers.
1. Around what age does bone density begin to decrease?
2. Exercising increases the rush of endorphins, which lead to feelings of:
3. Experiencing defeat as an athlete can be tough, but critical for building:
4. Which of the following is an effect of cardiovascular exercise?
A) Reduction of bad cholesterol
B) Lower blood pressure
C) Decreased risk of heart attack
D) Decreased risk of diabetes
E) All of the above
5. Being on a sports team means learning to trust and depend on others, accept and give help, and work together towards a common goal. Therefore, being on a team can lead to:
A) Making new friends
B) Feeling alone
C) Sparking competition with enemies
D) Disliking the coach
6. Playing sports, or exercise in general, increases endorphins. What benefits do increased endorphins offer?
The Creators Leah Lagos Educator Jaspal Ricky Singh Educator Mia Nacamulli Script Editor Serin Inan Director Tolga Yildiz Director Serin Inan Producer Tolga Yildiz Designer Tuncay Cetin Animator Cem Misirlioglu Composer Brooks Ball Composer