While you listen, complete these sentences with words taken from the report.
1. Gas will soon become as important to the world as _______ is today.
2. There has been a global _______ in demand for natural gas.
3. The cleanest fossil fuel to burn is _______.
4. In the past it was only possible to transport gas short distances using _______.
5. Gas can now be frozen into _______ form and shipped in refrigerated tankers.
6. LNG is the abbreviation for liquefied _______ _______.
7. There are _______ and _______ risks associated with the development of LNG.
8. Despite high _______ costs, energy firms are investing heavily in LNG projects.
9. _______ could soon have a high level of control over the LNG market.
10. Experts say that gas could be the dominant fuel for the next _______ years.
While you listen, decide whether the following sentences are true or false.
1. Recently great advances have been made in motor technology. ___________
2. Engineers are constantly looking for new ways to use existing models. __________
3. Engineers have more freedom for experimentation than in Faraday’s times. _________
4. The newest motors lose more heat than the traditional motors. __________
5. The newest motors are more compact than they used to be. _________
6. A new motor developed by Omron may replace motors currently used in hydraulic systems. __________
Listen to a talk about the Airbus A380 and choose the correct answers.
1. Which countries do not collaborate in the manufacturing?
2. How far can the Airbus A380 go without refueling?
a) 1,000 km
b) 1,500 km
c) 15,000 km
d) 50,000 km
3. How long is the Airbus A380?
a) 17 meters
b) 23 meters
c) 70 meters
d) 73 meters
4. Where is the plane put together?
5. Where are the wings made?
Interested in becoming a forensic scientist? Watch this video to learn what a career as a forensic science tech is really like. Provides an overview of the day to day working life of a forensic scientist.
Watch this video about a forensic scientist and answer the questions.
1. Where do forensic science technicians work?
2. What do forensic science technicians do?
3. Give an example of an area of forensic science?
4. In what majors do forensic science technicians graduate?
5. How are forensic science technicians related to the legal system?
If you ever wanted real-world proof that age is nothing but a number, you’ve found it. Meet Ernestine Shepherd. With her flat stomach, toned arms and excellent health, you’d never guess that this female bodybuilder is in her late 70s. But she is — 77, to be exact.
Watch a video about Ernestine Shepherd.
Choose the best answer.
1. How much weight does she bench press?
a) 115 lbs
b) 150 lbs
c) 155 lbs
d) 160 lbs
2. Which year did she enter the first body building competition?
3. Did she win any trophy?
c) We don’t know.
4. What is her mission?
a) She wants to motivate people to get fit.
b) She wants to hold more records.
c) She wants to earn more money.
d) None of the above.
5. What 3 things did she mention about getting fit?
Aiste from Lithuania talks to Christophe about his running.
Listen and choose the correct answer.
1) How far is Christophe going to run?
b. 100 kilometers
c. 42 kilometers
2) He usually does not run more than _____ .
a. 42 kilometers
b. 32 kilometers
c. 21 kilometers
3) How many marathons has he completed?
4) He hopes to run _____ hours.
a. under three
b. about four
c. for at least five
5) Aiste _____ to run.
b. does not want
maximum • Whoa • addicted
build up • endurance
1. What is the …………….. speed on this highway?
2. ………….! You’re getting married?
3. He is a good runner, but he doesn’t have much ………………. .
4. She lets her anger …………….. until she starts yelling at everyone.
5. I think you are …………… to television.
You run a maximum of 32 kilometers.
The maximum of something is the highest value. The minimum is the lowest value. Notice the following:
- The maximum about you can work in one day is 24 hours.
- The maximum storage capacity on my PC is 250 GB.
Whoa! that sounds difficult.
The phrase “whoa!” is used to show surprise, or to show you want something to stop. Notice the following:
- Whoa! You bought a house!
- Whoa! Slow down!
I am addicted to running.
When you are addicted to something, that means you always need to do it or you feel uncomfortable or unhappy. Notice the following:
- I am addicted to video games.
- He is addicted to coffee.
You start slow but build up slowly.
When something builds up, it increases in some manner. Notice the following:
- The fire started slow but built up into an inferno quickly.
- After being in the hospital, it took awhile to build up my strength.
I requires a lot of endurance.
Endurance is the ability to do a difficult process for a long time. Notice the following:
- I am not fast but I have great endurance. I can run for hours.
- To do well in college, you need mental endurance, the ability to focus for a long time.
Source : elllo
Watch this video about Komodo Dragons and complete the sentences.
1. After ………….. months in an incubator, eggs are hatching.
2. Komodo dragons can live over ……….. years.
3. There may be fewer than ……….. of these ancient creatures in the wild.
4. Komodo dragons living on small island in …………….. .
5. Komodo dragons are notoriously difficult to breed in …………… .
6. Catching (= capturing) these rare reptile takes …………. and ………….. .
7. With small populations like the Komodo dragons, it is important for us to learn as much as we can about not only
keeping them …………. but ………….. them.
8. The Komodo dragons at the zoo feast on a diet consisting of ………….. and …………… .
9. The baby Komodo dragons will live in a ……………. for now and move to a larger exhibit as they …………. .
10. These baby dragons are a …………. .